Updated June 3, 2014
Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual, such as:
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information:
- When you request, to connect you with vendors who will provide you with information about products and services.
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you newsletters.
- to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
- to send you surveys and marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- to personalize your experience on the Site and our other websites by presenting advertising, products and offers tailored to you.
- to allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- to allow you to send messages to a friend through the Site. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- if you purchase a product or service from us, to complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to have your payments processed, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- to meet contract obligations.
HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
On the VentureOutsource.com website, you will find Web forms where you are requested to submit personal information in order to receive information from Providers (such as electronics manufacturing services (EMS) or original design manufacturers (ODM). When you submit your personal information via such forms, you are providing consent to VentureOutsource.com to contact you via the phone number and/or e-mail address you have submitted. Additionally, you are providing consent to us to convey the information you have provided to the Provider that you have identified or, in some cases, to other Providers that may meet your needs. Such Providers may contact you directly and will protect your personal information in accordance with their own privacy and information security policies. In more detail, your Personal Information may also be disclosed:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as contract electronics manufacturing and/or electronics product design services, information verification, order fulfillment, customer service, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, business auditing services and other similar services to enable them to provide services.
- if you request information from vendors so that they (or so that third parties who provide similar services) can provide you with information about their products and services. We are not responsible or liable for vendors’ use of your Personal Information.
- if you choose to download a white paper, eBook, or other resource, to our clients, partners and current and future sponsors of that resource. If you do not want to be contacted by these third parties, please do not download, view or otherwise access the white papers, eBooks and other resources.
- if you post your resume on the Site and elect to permit it to be searched by potential employers and staffing agencies, to these potential employers and staffing agencies. We do not control the use and disclosure of Personal Information by these potential employers and staffing agencies. While it is our goal that only employers or staffing agencies will gain access to Personal Information in resumes, we cannot guarantee that no other persons or entities will gain such access. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE BY OTHERS OF ANY
- PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU DISCLOSE IN YOUR RESUME.
- to third party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions.
- If you choose to send messages through the Site, to identify you as the sender to the recipient indicated by you. We will ask you for such recipient’s name and email address and we store both email addresses for the purpose of sending such message.
- by you, on forums and message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public.
- by you, if you have provided a testimonial about a site and given us permission to post that testimonial on our site.
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Non-personal information we collect
Non-Personal Information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We Collect Non-Personal Information
How We Use and Disclose Non-Personal Information
Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
How We Log IP Addresses
An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
How We Use and Disclose IP Addresses?
We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, geographic mapping and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. Please note that we treat IP Addresses, server log files and related information as Non-Personal Information, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law.
THIRD PARTY SITES
THIRD PARTY VENDORS
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTS AND/OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTY VENDORS.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the Contact Us section below.
The security of your personal information is important to us. If you do not agree with these Security features we have, do not use VentureOutsource.com.
VentureOutsource.com hosting and production equipment is located in Lansing, Michigan, USA onsite a professional vendor owning and operating his equipment inside numerous buildings each with reinforced concrete walls and 24-hour physical security, redundant electrical generators, Liebert Precision 22 ton up flow air conditioning units, and other backup equipment designed to keep servers continually up and running.
Datacenter access is limited to authorized staff with badge access and deadman doors systems at each point of entry/exit in each building. A compliment of motion detection security cameras monitor each building 24/7/365 and level 3 technicians are on site 24 hours per day, allowing incident response times to be kept to a minimum.
VentureOutsource.com leverages the strongest encryption products to protect customer data and communications, including 128-bit SSL certification and 1024-bit RSA public keys. Our green lock icon located in your browser indicates data is fully shielded from access while in transit.
Registered site users access VentureOutsource.com only with a valid username and password combination, which is encrypted via SSL while in transit. An encrypted session ID cookie is used to uniquely identify each user. For added security, the session key is automatically scrambled and re-established in the background at regular intervals. VentureOutsource.com website username and passwords are to be kept confidential. You may not disclose or share your username or password with any third parties.
Inside systems are safeguarded by network address translation, port redirection firewalls, each containing its own OS and operating independently of server(s) being protected. This allows a dedicated and constant scan on server’s activity — designed to adapt to new threats via signature based intrusion prevention. Additionally, VentureOutsource.com is proactively protected against brute force attacks. Through this separate platform we identify and block malicious IPs and quickly shutdown failed login attempts by auto-blocking the infringing IP address.
Database access is controlled at the operating system and database connection level for additional security. All development work takes place on a development server. Access to production databases is restricted to a limited number of points, and production and development servers do not share a master password or database.
All networking components, SSL accelerators, load balancers, servers, and application servers are configured in a redundant configuration. All customer data is stored on a database served by a database server cluster for redundancy. All user/customer data is stored on carrier-class disk storage using RAID disks. All customer data, up to the last committed action, is automatically backed up every 15 minutes and stored to a separate server.
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under the control of VentureOutsource.com. We use username and password protection for users. We have a password retrieval process for users who prove they are authorized to obtain their password, via their valid email account registered with VentureOutsource.com. Transactions involving financial data are processed off our servers using Stripe.com and is protected using SSL certification and other secure server technology. All data is stored on Web and database servers that are secured from physical public access. Any use of a robot, bot, spider, or other automatic or manual device or process to monitor, copy, scrape, or otherwise unlawfully access any pages on VentureOutsource.com will be prosecuted to the full extent under the law.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us and our affiliates: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by following the instructions to unsubscribe located on each e-mailing.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by contacting us at as further explained in How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information below and requesting that we suppress all of your Personal Information on a going-forward basis. Please note that if you opt-out of such sharing, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request). If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related e-mails from these third parties, please contact them directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms in their privacy policies or marketing-related e-mails.
We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you do opt-out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, and you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use, on a going-forward basis, of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, mailing address, phone number and email address so that we may identify you in the opt-out process. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In your request, please make clear what information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFER
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, and by providing any Personal Information to us, you consent to the transfer of such Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules from your country of residence.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., Social Security number, driver’s license number, credit card number (unless necessary to make a purchase), information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Venture Outsource, LLC
1346 The Alameda, Suite 7
San Jose, CA 95126