Srinivasa Moorthy S.A
Not a member? Join today!
VP Design Engineering - Head of India Design Center at Sanmina-SCI Technology India Private Limited
My thoughts on ... What I think about Foxconn
I have not worked with them but I know them as the largest ODM especially in the Laptop line.
EMS companies I have worked with
Sanmina-SCi, Celestica Jabil & Plexus
The skills I often see lacking in the EMS industry today
Product Engineering skills especially in the area of Test Engineering which needs upfront effort in design and most of the time it is done as post design work leading to time wastage and inefficiency.
What I think about some of the emerging EMS markets or regions
Asia Pacific countries
What I think about low-cost manufacturing
Low cost manufacturing is a myth especially when the EMS industry make 3-4% margin. To low cost is Low Cost BOM which is basically a design aspect impacted by the OEMs rather than the EMS vendors.
My thoughts on what makes a good program manager
Good Program Manager in a product Development and Manufacturing is like a Music Conductor. He has to coordinate different players to create one single music
A book I recommend to others or am currently reading
Reverse Innovation - By Vijay Govindarajan & Chris trimble and Business Model Generation by Alexander Osterwalder & Yves Pigneur
If I could travel back in time and witness any event one would be
My life in CDOT an organization that Mr. Sam Pitroda formed to design and Develop 20K line digital Switching system with 800+ fresh college graduates
One of my favorite quotes
When the going gets Tough Tough gets going
Someone I would most like to sit next to at a dinner party
My Professor in my graduate college
Some of the countries I have visited for work or play
USA, Germany, France, China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia & Thailand
A helpful travel tip I often use
Keep a set of your regular medicines which you take in your native country
The ultimate consumer electronics product I would still like to see developed
Wireless Audio System and a PC with no wires
A favorite electronics gadget
One of my favorite toys as a child
Radio Kit that I built
• Currently the Head of India Design Center of Sanmina-SCI supporting global divisions
• He was responsible for setting up Automotive and Medical development practice in the product engineering space. Primarily responsible for India’s first ISO 13485 certification for Medical Device development
• He was responsible for building the Concept to Manufacturing (C2M) service for total product development proposition for India’s leading design service provider
• As a head of Joint Venture between a Design Service provider and a EMS partner he ushered the methodology for outsourcing complete end to end product development with focus on New Product Development process with the focus on knowledge reuse resulting in multiple first pass success of the products
• Firm believer in continuous education had implemented successful Fresh Engineer Training as well as Product Engineering Training for senior professionals
• Headed P&L functions with consistent results meeting both top line and bottom line targets
• Experienced in handling global business as well Indian Government agencies especially in the telecom & networking space
• He has published papers in International and national conferences and seminars
• As a firm believer in knowledge sharing, interacts with Universities and educational institutes. Has been teaching both Graduate and Under Graduates for more than 8 years on topics related to product Engineering and regulated industry (Medical and Avionics) product development and has helped framing industry relevant courses for academics
• Member of International Microelectronics And Packaging Society (IMAPS) India Chapter and Product Development and Management Association (PDMA) India Chapter
• Moorthy did his Masters (M.Tech) in industrial Electronics from National Institute of Technology, Surathkal - INDIA
You might also like:
Thanks! Your feedback has been sent.
The team at VentureOutsource.com listens to what you have to say!