iRobot is seeking a Director of Ecommerce to lead its consumer ecommerce business and develop its multichannel strategy. The Director of Ecommerce will be a key leader on the Marketing Management team reporting to the Vice President of Marketing. As key leader the candidate will need to be an inspirational, collaborative leader adept at leading through influence. He/she will serve as a critical change agent, providing insights that drive new ideas. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to innovate and execute simultaneously to drive near-term results while also developing a long-term vision for the iRobot ecommerce business.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Director of Global eCommerce – iRobot Consumer Products
IROBOT is seeking a Director of Global eCommerce to lead its Consumer eCommerce business and develop its worldwide multichannel strategy. The Director of eCommerce will be a key leader on the Marketing Management team reporting to the Vice President of Marketing. As key leader the candidate will need to be an inspirational, collaborative leader adept at leading through influence. He/she will serve as a critical change agent, providing insights that drive new ideas. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to innovate and execute simultaneously to drive near-term results while also developing a long-term vision for the IROBOT eCommerce business.
The Director of eCommerce will have full P&L responsibilities. The candidate will be responsible for driving revenue and gross margin growth, managing forecasts and inventory within budget and optimizing expenses to deliver the bottom-line for the eCommerce and other direct channels.
As the chief strategist of the IROBOT eCommerce business the candidate will:
- Assertively manage key drivers behind revenue and gross margin, including: traffic, average order value and conversion, to ensure the team is on track to meet or exceed the plan.
- Own the consumer online, website and eCommerce experience to drive activation, engagement, acquisition, retention and advocacy of consumers across all online touch points.
- Provide leadership and project level management in the planning, evaluation, design, development, implementation, operation and control in the eCommerce website.
- Lead global project teams, develop and execute plans for direct reports.
- Prepare and present operational budget, project plans, status reports, cost / benefit studies and recommend funding and resources.
- Manages daily activities, issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, as-requested by customer.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure ongoing delivery and operational support of high quality, cost effective solutions.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to plan and deliver the successful implementation of the eCommerce initiatives across iRobot.
- Partner with the Regional Marketing teams in the management of advertising and promotional strategies to deliver eCommerce revenue and margin objectives.
- Work closely with Customer Care to develop strategies to build lasting customer relationships that create brand advocates and increase the customer lifetime value.
- Collaborate with Corporate and Regional Marketing teams to develop and implement company’s social and mobile strategy.
- Lead the creation of a new 21st century eCommerce solution: enabling customers to search and view products, place quotes and orders, view order status, history, reorder, customer planning and interact with support teams through the website.
- Develop peer, cross-functional and cross-iRobot business relationships to maximize best practice sharing and team effectiveness to deliver and support quality initiatives.
- Partner with Sales and Operations to enhance our forecasting and reporting tools, introducing a new level of accountability and transparency.
- Ensure effective communication to the Senior Leadership Team and other key stakeholders the strategies driving eCommerce, a vision and roadmap for future growth, and provides ongoing status updates across initiatives.
- Serves as subject matter expert for online commerce across the enterprise.
- Business Leadership – Influences enterprise level strategies. Understands all aspects of the business, industry and competitive landscape. Distinguishes what is critical from what is important. Provides clear and compelling direction and ensures understanding. Helps streamline processes to manage costs and achieve efficiencies. Acts with a sense of urgency and builds and adjusts the plan to deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Technology Leadership – Intimately understands online technology. Can translate technology-speak to the uninitiated. Confidently attracts and earns the respect of the top developers and web technologists. Is determined to build one (or several) large, scalable online businesses in his/her career.
- Team Leadership – Optimizes organizational capabilities and removes barriers through relationship building. Strategic and diplomatic in forging relationships, inspiring trust and motivating others to achieve goals. Is inclusive, seeks out varying perspectives and multiple alternatives, shares information and finds common ground. Understands and maximizes business interdependencies. Flexible in revising plans to support changing business needs and accustomed to working in nimble, start-up environment. Brings out the best in people through coaching, feedback, support and encouragement. Teaches and mentors people beyond direct reports.
- Self-Leadership – Anticipates future opportunities and challenges. Outstanding communication skills – formal and informal. Develops and implements ideas that have long-term impact on the organization. Anticipates upcoming business needs and makes appropriate plans in advance to be prepared. Deals effectively with ambiguity and change. Displays leadership versatility, knowing when to step in and when to step out. Challenges tradition and conventional thinking when appropriate. Acts with integrity and courage, and focuses on greater good over personal benefit.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or computer science, MBA preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge in eCommerce with 10+ years experience in online merchandising
- Proven ability to recruit and lead a team, with 5+ years experience in management, including identifying, developing and challenging high potential people
- Deep understanding of how of online activation, engagement and merchandising with 5+ years experience in online media buying and optimization
- Excellent business acumen with 5+ years experience with Global P&L management (EMEA, APAC, Americas)
- Experience with search strategies such as SEM, SEO, CPA, CPM, and CPC
- Hands on experience managing major worldwide eCommerce implementations