Best practices for electronics manufacturing program managers
Whether you work in an electronics OEM or electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider, program management responsibilities in the EMS industry are different from project or program management in other industries. Recovery times to re-align an errant production schedule are often with a greater sense of urgency. Program managers must also understand the various functional groups in an EMS factory while understanding program management’s role in the sales process. Some responsibilities include cash flow management; understanding and managing inventory value, contractual service agreements including but not limited shipment commits; cancellation clauses and product liabilities plus product returns to name a few. Click here to search listings for contract electronics providers.
IS YOUR PROGRAM MANAGEMENT STYLE EFFECTIVE AND EFFICIENT?
Program management points of interest
How OEMs evaluate EMS providers
Increase materials profits with good program and project management
In the day of a typical program manager
How the program manager handles manufacturing problems
Better understanding OEM-EMS contract negotiations
Understanding key operating indicators of the EMS provider
Extensive list of supply chain metrics and liability indicators
Reporting and managing customer OEM lead times
How to drive teams to improve manufacturing quality
Managing EMS partners with quarterly business reviews
Become more informed with supply chain management
Contract agreements and contract EMS
- What are key capabilities that distinguish EMS providers?
- What performance measurements do Tier 1 EMS companies use? (Balanced Scorecard, KPIs, etc)
- Seeking recommendation for an EMS training seminar / workshop for (new) managers responsible over EM...
- Would an MBA help to advance my career in EMS as a program manager?
- Top 10 possible trouble areas to watch when transferring OEM program to CEM? Suggestions?
- How to manage remote employees and teams?