Assure flawless supplier launch on new projects and programs. Act as primary contact for suppliers during the Advanced Product Quality Planning process. Ensure high quality and low cost in new supplier selection. Resource for purchasing team on localization strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure supplier technical or quality problems are resolved in a timely and effective manner without re-occurrence.
- Work with purchasing to develop new and existing suppliers for new and replacement products, including supplier auditing.
- Participate with Advanced Product Quality Planning team on new product development.
- Monitor key supplier measureables and ensure suppliers meet established expectations.
- Responsible for Production Part Approval Process purchased parts approvals.
- Maintain NMR’s database for purchased parts.
- Review and verify supplier corrective actions (8Ds).
- Manage supplier change requests to completion.
- Perform Run at Rate studies at supplier locations.
Academic & Personal Qualification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required.
- Experience in Supplier Quality – Automotive Manufacturing.
- Advanced quality planning (Advanced Product Quality Planning).
- Understanding of AIAG CQI requirements.
- Thorough understanding of TS16949 requirements.
- Expert in problem solving techniques (8D, 5-whys, Fishbone diagram).
- Expertise in application of AIAG Core Tools (Production Part Approval Process, Advanced Product Quality Planning, Statistical Process Control, Measurement System Analysis and Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis).
- Ability read technical drawings, notes and dimensions. Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Effective communication skills and ability to lead projects at a supplier location.
Other Important Information:
Johnson Electric offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.Apply Now