“Connecting People” is at the heart of the Nokia brand. Nokia is the world’s number one mobile solutions company, connecting more than 1.3 billion people every day. Mobile maps, apps, music, media, messaging and more are explored and presented here in a comprehensive mobile solutions world.
Nokia’s people ambition is very clear: an advanced integrated company built upon trust and accountability, great leadership and common values. We understand people’s desire to join a dynamic and innovative team, where your ideas are valued and your creativity is nurtured. Our future is your creation.
Ovi Browser Tools team looking for an experienced QA Lead who wants to play an integral role in the success of a global product development group. Daily responsibility includes leading QA for multiple complex multi-platform software products across globally distributed teams.
- Be a domain expert across a wide range of application development tools and ensure the highest quality delivery of those products to our customers.
- Work closely with Architects, Product Manager, Project Managers and other QA leads and their teams in a geographically distributed set up to create a testing plan based off architecture and requirements.
- Identify and re-use QA assets across products
- Manage and enhance the automation environment and test cases
- Effectively plan, manage risks, and control testing resources
- Effectively create, analyse, communicate and distribute appropriate reports to stakeholders
- Effectively drive and manage cross-team QA meetings
- Manage bugs lifecycle through different phases of development.
- Personally create and execute test plans and test cases.
- Initiative taker and driving innovations in utilizing established QA techniques and methodologies to increase product quality.
- Develop a technical and analytical understanding of the products
- Highly proficient in execution of hands-on QA responsibilities
- Strong team player, detail Oriented, problem solver
- Strong, clear, succint verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Must be self motivated and self managed with an eye towards continuious process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field and 6+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Product development or engineering background is a plus
- Ability to quickly develop technical understanding of engineering applications and their requirements for effective test planning and issue triaging is essential.
- Experience with excel and other reporting tools and their application to trends analysis is essential
- Prior experience with mobile apps and tools is a big plus.
- 5-6 years of hands on software QA work and 2-3 years of leadership role.
- Experience with Issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Bugzilla
- Experience with desktop and web app automation tools such as Selenim, Squish
- Deep knowledge of software development best practices
- Must have worked in an Agile environment.
- Experience in working with distributed global teams are a big plus.
- Must have deep experience in shipping software products into the market.
“Connecting people” is the heart of our brand. This is why Nokia is respected and recognized worldwide. Our people shape and create future technologies. This is something we are proud of, and so will you.
We offer a dynamic learning culture that nurtures openness, transparency, with endless opportunities for competence development. We reward the results of your success.
We cultivate a flexible culture that embraces the uniqueness of everyone’s life. Our resources support the mobile way of working and make it possible to arrange your day in the way it suits your career and personal demands.Apply Now