The Quality Manager is a manufacturing quality specialist responsible for developing and managing the Quality Management System; oversees Quality inspection of processes and products; assures and certifies product compliance. Maintains quality system conformance, quality data collection/reporting, Field Return system/analysis, and Corrective and Preventive Action system. A key part of the role is to ensure 100% quality product is manufactured on a first time basis through process control and effective production techniques. This requires a highly integrated and hands on approach with engineering and production operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establishes quality standards and metrics for new processes with Engineering and Operations, defining methods and standards to improve product quality and productivity. Active in Gemba Kaizan activities company wide.
- Coordinates/manages the scheduling and control of inspection activities and enforcement requirements for raw materials, components, product and package specifications and regulatory agencies.
- Determines overall plant product quality by coordinating the implementation of methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluation of products and production equipment.
- Maintains compliance with all documented Quality Policies and Objectives; assists in obtaining and maintaining required Quality certifications.
- Assists in resolving quality problems by driving efforts of quality, engineering, and operations personnel to identify root causes of problems and appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Coordinates field return/failure analysis system, calibration, change control and material review board.
- Acts as front line for customer concerns on quality issues or related technical questions.
- Establishes and maintains effective inspection and tests to ensure product quality/reliability.
- Ensures compliance with all corporate directives or initiatives for quality, control processes etc. Achieve compliance. Act as instructor, facilitator, coordinator and auditor to ensure implementation is effective.
- Coordinates quality data collection and reporting system.
Academic & Personal Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably a Degree in Engineering or science based discipline.
- 6 to 10 years experience.
- A solid knowledge of design controls, quality control and assurance practices, internal audits, change control and supplier management is required.
- Knowledge and practical implementation of ISO 9001 required.
- Experience with ISO 13485 and cGMP is beneficial.
- Prior practical experience with 6 Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Cpk, AQPQ, Production Part Approval Process, RoHS/REACH/SVHC/IMDS reporting is desired.
Other Important Information:
Johnson Electric offers talented employees exceptional opportunities to learn and grow professionally with rewarding careers. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, prescription plan, vision, disability coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K match, and holiday/vacation benefits.Apply Now