Join Dell and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who inspire greatness in their teammates. Our unique position as a technology leader ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and supported in reaching your most ambitious goals.
Job Description: Quality Engineering Project Manager
We are seeking a Quality Engineering Project Manager with a background in software development to join a growing organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, coordinating and delivering Quality engineering activities in support of the delivery of new products and processes. This includes developing and coordinating comprehensive program schedules for test, modeling test qualification cycles to produce what-if release scenarios, managing and driving quality initiatives, and presentation of consistent quality metrics.
This role develops and manages schedules, works risk mitigation strategies and is responsible for executive level communications. The successful candidate will be following up on day to day activities with the Quality engineering teams, coordinate with the Engineering Program management, and have the top level program goals in sight at all times. The quality project manager serves as the quality engineering representative on cross-functional teams, acts as the voice of quality engineering when working with other teams and represents the interest of quality on cross-functional teams within engineering. This role is highly technical. The candidate will utilize a solid CS/EE background to understand technical details of cross-functional issues and risks. This will enable you to set the proper priorities and put risk mitigation plans in place.
The role includes the following duties:
- Work with Quality Engineering teams to develop back end qualification schedules
- Manage and track test and qualification activities
- Provide consistent and regular test and quality metrics to the overall program core team
- Drive quality initiatives, and track progress against organizational goals
- Plan and Manage allocation of prototype hardware to system and platform test teams
- Work with cross organizational teams to manage integrated test schedules
- Define and manage product interoperability deliverables
- Program risk assessment, management and mitigation plans
- Help evolve the test and quality processes to meet the needs of a growing organization
About Dell Inc.:
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious, and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Dell offers a competitive salary and bonus plan as well as a great benefit package. For more information, visit us on the web at www.dell.com.”
Qualifications, Skills and Experience requirements:
- BS CS/EE degree, or equivalent experience preferred
- 8-10 years of industry experience, preferably with some quality assurance
- 3-5 years of program management experience
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and written
- Strong technical background
- Experience managing software/firmware programs
- Software quality experience a plus
- Storage product knowledge and experience a plus
- Must be able to work multiple projects/products, in various stages of development and release
Collaboration. Individual drive. A passion for technology. That’s what success sounds like at Dell. It’s this dedication to finding unique solutions that has given rise to many of our energy-smart, green initiatives. Sound like something you can get behind? Join our team, and you’ll work in a dynamic environment with other motivated, talented individuals who care about protecting our planet. Plus, you’ll get the mentoring, support and training you need to succeed on your own terms.
For more than 25 years, Dell has provided technology solutions to customers that improves their productivity, enhances their lives and meets their distinct needs. Headquartered in Round Rock, Texas, Dell has framed its business around the customers it serves, from the world’s largest and most demanding businesses and public sector organizations, to small and medium businesses, to consumers worldwide. At Dell, we promote an environment that thrives on innovation. To deliver effective solutions that meet customer challenges, Dell focuses on pivotal standards that drive future technology innovation.
Dell offers a competitive Salary and Bonus plan as well as a great Benefit Package. Please visit the About Dell section at www.dell.com for more information
Dell is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is the policy of Dell to encourage and support equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, pregnancy, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, disabled veteran or Vietnam era veteran status.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.