As a project manager in the TomTom Fitness product Unit, you will be responsible for and central contact point for all activities relating to both customer-facing and internal projects in a fast-paced development environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- It will be your main responsibility to ensure a proper and timely execution of tasks associated to one or multiple projects, making sure that timelines are communicated and met, dependencies are visible and managed accordingly, as well as assuring project resources are available and committed.
- You will also drive and own the project-plan. The project plan consists of timed tasks and their dependencies, milestones, dependencies and all project related activities that need to be carried out to successfully deliver the projects output.
- To ensure proper project execution, the scope of the project needs to be clear and communicated to all stakeholders of the project. In this role, you will be responsible for facilitating the requirements gathering phase of the project, ensuring the project vision is clearly understood by every member of the project team and all stakeholders are properly aligned.
- It will be your responsibility to guide the project team through the individual phases of the project, according to the development process chosen. You will make sure that intermediate deliverables are present according to the plan and at desired quality level. With parties outside of the project team, you will liaise to ensure plans and actions are communicated and planned accordingly.
- Last but not least, you will gather and communicate the project status regularly and timely to the project team and all stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or Diploma Degree in science, business or engineering
- At least 2 years experience in software project management
- Knowledge of formal project management methodologies and agile development methodologies (e.g. Scrum)
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills
- Has strong internal drive and can get things done
- Strong ability to organize both tasks and him/herself
- Fluent in English.
- The Fitness product unit is a separate entity within the Consumer Business Unit. It is composed primarily of engineers dedicated to making world class products to enable and motivate people to participate in more sporting activity and to gain more enjoyment from the activity.
Founded in 1991, TomTom is the world’s leading supplier of location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning HD Traffic™.
Our working environment is an innovative, fun and dynamic one, full of agile; relentlessly customer focused self starters and entrepreneurs.
Our core values; open spirit, passion for results, innovative thinking and customer driven remain at the roots of how we work and we cherish our pioneering spirit.
If you would like to be part of this winning team and would like to help us further position ourselves as the authority in location and navigation solutions, please apply through the apply button below.Apply Now