The role is to lead a team of experienced operationally focused project managers who are responsible for the coordination of cross functional teams. These cross function teams are to deliver, monitor and implement all actions related to the implementation of a challenging engineering project into mass production.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate strong leadership with clear hands on approach in delivering the objectives by using proven project management and influencing skills. They will have the responsibility in to overcome all obstacles in ensuring the projects are delivered to time, cost and specification.
A key attribute for the ideal candidate is to be able to a demonstrable a complete understanding of the aspects of transferring a project from the design phase into mass manufacture and the obstacles that are encountered.
This role is not about accepting the norm or steady state of project management. Challenge to all teams is paramount in driving improved performance in all aspects of project management and notably the results in achieving consistent manufacturing quality and output post SOP
reliability and output is achieved. Once in production the team is responsible for maintaining the high standards of Dyson products on a daily basis. Current manufacturing volume is circa 6 million units per annum, every product must be to the same high standard.
This is what we need you to do…
- Leadership of a team of project managers in the operational deliverable of project transfer.
- Identification of critical path actions across multiple functions and challenging the progress.
- Communication of the key operation issues affecting the transfer of a project from design to manufacture.
- Generation of KPI information allowing up to date and accurate information to make informed decisions.
- Resource planning – delivering a resource planning mechanism that ensures all functions have the appropriate resource requirements in place in order to deliver.
- To ensure all PC activities and readiness is equally monitored in delivering projects on time, to cost and on specification.
- A key conduit for all communication with the prime contractor supply base
- KPI reporting
- Develop and drive KPI metrics that demonstrate the progress of activity.
- Process Improvement
The role has an open brief to identify, facilitate gain support and assist in improvement activities across all aspects of the project deliverables.
This is what we need you to have…
- Candidate will have good degree results in an engineering discipline.
- Project Management – Formal Training / Proven Experience.
- Manufacturing Operations Experience, in running high-volume production and also the deliverance of complex projects into production.
Key Competencies Required:
- Minimum of 10 years experience within a manufacturing / operations environment of similar industry.
- To have held at least one senior position for the last 5 years.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate a complete understanding of the manufacturing challenges faced in delivering a product into production.
- Proven ability to lead and co-ordinate team activity in multifunctional environment.
- Motivated by driving continuous improvement to the working practices and processes.
- Good commercial & manufacturing awareness.
- Possession of excellent English oral and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Individual must be self motivated and the ability to lead and motivate other not in direct line of responsibility. This role is to influence change.
- Product Development Experience.
- Plastic Molding Processing
In order to increase your chances of being short listed please ensure you submit your complete CV through our careers website with clearly addressing how you meet the essential & desirable criteria as outlined in the person specification, plus details of your current and required packageApply Now