This position is responsible for all Fabrication Center activity in El Segundo & Space Park including Composites and Machining Centers plus wire harness & cable fabrication in North Dakota. This position will direct and integrate all activities associated with the planning and execution of multiple programs requirements at multiple locations in a fast paced environment. In coordination with multiple IPT leadership, functional management and shared services, ensure that all production and developmental programs have the production capabilities and resources required to meet program requirements. The candidate will manage administration of multiple locations with appropriate multi-discipline personnel as required to support activity at each location. The position is responsible for on-time delivery of high quality products using advanced manufacturing techniques that meet all contractual requirements and business objectives. This position reports to the Vice President of AS Production Operations.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and manage long range strategic and operating plans that meet proposed objectives and goals.
- Interaction with customers, employees, suppliers, communities; local, state, and federal government.
- Manage Direct and Indirect Budgets as well as Capital Asset Expenditures.
- Coordinate with the appropriate Northrop Grumman departments to ensure that facilities and equipment are in compliance with local, state, federal, and South Coast Air Quality Management District regulations, including the fuel operations and ground support equipment.
- Ensure common policies and procedures are used within the work group.
- Support the continuous improvement of people, products, processes, systems and services through the application of lean, Six-Sigma, common best practices, and other appropriate tools and techniques.
- Candidates must meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent with 20 years of experience.
- Demonstrated skills in solving problems and analysis, assume responsibility for ensuring customer satisfaction for deliverable products.
- Must enjoy working in a team environment with frequent customer contact and have excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successfully leading a production organization in positions of progressively increasing responsibility.
- Familiarity with the unique challenges of managing remote site locations a significant plus.
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.Apply Now